This Training Institution now known today as Aparri Polytechnic Institute (API) was first created in 1928 by R.A. No.948 as Aparri Vocational High School (AVHS). As its name suggests, AVHS concentrated on secondary education with elective vocational subjects. On June 22, 1963. R.A. 3732 converted the Aparri Vocational High School into Aparri School of Arts and Trades (ASAT) maintaining the same curriculum. ASAT, in the 1970s, started to offer Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology with different major subjects/areas and two-year Technical Courses aside from its regular Trade Secondary Education Program.